When: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8pm to 11pm
Where: Avondale Dance Directions, 1650 Hamilton St, Jacksonville, FL 32210
Event Status: confirmed
Event Description: BOOOOOOYAAAA!
Calling all Salseros, Bachateros, Casineros, Music Lovers, and Party Animals!
It's time to get the family together and PARTY!!! YAY!!!
* Featuring the best Salsa, Bachata, Cha Cha, and Merengue! We'll also be calling Rueda circles throughout the night!
* Experience NOT necessary! We're kicking the party off with a FREE rueda class for ALL dance levels!
* We'll be busting out sweet NEW MOVES never before seen in Jax, so you advanced dancers won't wanna miss this!
* Don't have any friends? That's ok! We've got the friendliest crowd in town!
* Cover charge is only $8! And, hey! FREE DRINKS! (Because we know you'll be dancing up a thirst!)
* Please be sure to RSVP (so we know how many drinks to bring!)
* Party starts at 8! Don’t miss out! Hope to see you there! ^_^
* What is RUEDA, you ask? Good question! *
Rueda is a group dance that originated in the casinos of Cuba and is now quickly growing in popularity here in the states.
Rueda is sort of a cross between salsa and square dancing: people pair up and form a circle, there's lots of partner changing, and one person calls out moves for everybody to do at the same time.
Not only does it look super cool, it's also guaranteed to be tons of fun! So come check it out!!!